Bages Stuffed Pork “Piano”
Ready in2 hrs 30 mins
1 Ral d’Avinyo “piano” (pork rib roast)
3 mature Golden Delicious apples
300 g wild mushrooms or 40g of dried cep mushrooms
250 ml matured wine
100 ml white wine
Extra virgin olive oil
50 g butter
100 g strawberries
350 g stoned prunes
200 g dried apricots
100 g shelled walnuts
100 g pine nuts
250 ml port
- Marinate the “piano” with lemon, salt and pepper. Open it like a book and season with salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the onions and sauté in a pan with a drizzle of oil.
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Clean and gently fry the mushrooms.
- Place the apples, onion, mushrooms and half of the dried fruits inside the pork rib roast.
- Paint the insides of the meat with egg. Sew it up and place it on a greased oven proof plate.
- Put it in the oven for 30 minutes at 200ºC. Then lower the temperature to 160ºC , add the white and matured wine and leave in the oven for another 2 1/2 hours. From time to time, baste it with the juices.
- For the sauce: drain off all the juices from the meat. Put 2 spoons of sugar in a saucepan and toast it. Add the juices, 50 ml of matured wine and the rest of the dried fruits. Reduce it for a few minutes.
- Serve the stuffed pork “piano” with the sauce, some of the dried fruits and a few gently fried strawberries.